Join our Team
In return for this commitment, ISOCS endeavours to provide an environment in which professionalism is valued and recognised, and every possible support is given to teachers to develop and apply their skills. ISOCS strives to ensure that the total employment package is among the best available to international school teachers anywhere, and is sufficient to attract and retain the best possible teachers.
ISOCS will recruit, without discrimination, the best possible practitioners for each position.
ISOCS employment requirements for teachers:
- must share an unequivocal commitment to our Mission and IB Learner Profile.
- must be fully qualified and certified by a recognised accredited organisation.
- must be entirely fluent in English.
- work permits are restricted to Swiss citizens, EU passport holders, or spouses of Swiss work permit holders.
- high value is placed on previous successful experience in the classroom, and in particular prior experience with the IB PYP, MYP and Diploma Programme Curricula.
Current Employment Opportunities at ISOCS
Please apply if you would like to gain experience in the following areas:
- Student supervision and educational assistance of children aged 3 – 10
- Basic school administration and library organisation
- Assistance with school event coordination
The candidate must be over 18 years old with advanced English and High German
A childcare qualification is desirable, but not a prerequisite
Candidates should send the following in the form and order listed as a single .pdf file or e-link:
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in joining ISOCS
- A current resume, not to exceed two pages including nationality and/or permit eligibility
- A one to two-page statement outlining educational beliefs
- A link to a professional portfolio that includes examples of teacher-created units assessment tasks and student work
- A one-page list of references with phone numbers and email addresses (we will only contact references of finalist candidates)
- A maximum of three letters of reference which may already be in your possession
SEND ONLY TO: [email protected]
In the subject line of the email clearly indicate what position(s) you are applying for.
- ISOCS will only respond to qualified candidates who have valid permits to work in Switzerland and submit complete applications as detailed above.
- Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
- Selected candidates will be interviewed via Skype and on campus. Finalist candidates will be asked to submit police clearances, valid permits, and will have references and degrees checked.