Dear Parents and Students,
We were luck to enough to have an extremely informative tour of the Zurich Kunsthaus. Our guide, Ana, made every effort to engage the students at their level and we learnt a lot about a number of artworks from a variety of art movements/periods.
The students then chose their favourite artwork and spend some time photographing, analysing and sketching it.
This Week’s Personal Connections
You will need to create and prepare a PowerPoint presentation on the artwork you have chosen. You should research your artist and artwork to acquire more information for your Presentation.
You will need to include the following in your PowerPoint presentation:
- A title slide
- At least one slide to represent each paragraph section from your rough work (introduction, first impression, interpretation, conclusion)
- Photographs of your artwork
- Images from your research (If any, an image of the artist would be great)
- Bullet points and key words to summarise what you are going to be talking about.
- You will need to write out a rough draft of your oral presentation on the lined paper in your folder.
- Prepare and practice your presentation
- You will need to attach your PowerPoint to a email and send it to me by Tuesday (Ask your parents to help you)
- Can you recognise an art movement or period that relates to your artwork?
- What clue/s does the given title tell you about the subject matter or intended meaning of the artwork?
Task Due: Tuesday 26 March 2013